Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:18:24 -0500
From:      Bob Van Valzah <bob@29west.com>
To:        Erik Harperink <hbharperink@quicknet.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD User Group on LinkedIn is Open!

Ok, The FreeBSD User group on LinkedIn is open!

Anybody who's already on LinkedIn may want to follow this link to join
the group.

	http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/67804/4CA21F42AE52

This is a good form of advocacy since it means the logo will appear
whenever anybody looks at your profile on LinkedIn. You can see it on
my public profile if you scroll all the way down to the bottom:

	http://www.linkedin.com/in/bobvan

I never heard how to contact the author of the FreeBSD logo font so I
piked the nearest match I could find and pasted together a FreeBSD
User logo. I also created FreeBSD Contributor and FreeBSD Committer
logos, but I haven't created those groups yet. The creator of a group
is automatically a member. I suppose I could claim contributor status
for a vinum doc I wrote long ago, but I lack the commit bit. BTW,
there are a good number of committers already on LinkedIn: Warner
Losh, Joseph Koshy, Mark Linimon, Nik Clayton, Max Laier, Greg Lehey,
etc. A quick LinkedIn search on FreeBSD  committer shows about 50
hits. One of the should probably create the committer group if there's
interest. I'll be happy to send the logo.

	Bob