Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 1995 01:51:54 -0500
From:      starkhome!gene@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu (Gene Stark)
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Chattering better, but now "panic: freeing busy page"

The chattering problem seems to have been relieved by the latest changes,
but when I try to run make world I am still crashing during the library
install phase.  The symptoms are a little different now: I get
"panic: freeing busy page" from a process running "install" trying to
exit (i.e. in the exit system call).  The panic occurs when vm_map_remove()
is called at line 148 of kern_exit.c.  The page in question is marked
"bmapped", and the attempt is made to free it from within
vm_object_terminate(), so I have the feeling that the object reference
counts are still not quite right yet.

							- Gene