Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:44:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.1R SMP Problem

I wasn't successful with 3.1-R on dual PII system and had to remove SMP
support from the kernel to make the system work. I've a GA-686LX2
mainboard, two 266 MHz PII CPUs and a DEC21140 10/100 MBit Ethernet card.
After booting with SMP support the system hangs when trying to access the
network. Without SMP support, everything works fine. I'd greatly
appreciate any hint what to do.

Thank you very much

//
// Konrad Heuer                                  ____            ___  _____=
__=20
// Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche           / __/______ ___ / _ )/ __=
/ _ \
//    Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen          / _// __/ -_) -_) _  |\ \/=
 // /
// Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen              /_/ /_/  \__/\__/____/___=
/____/=20
// Deutschland (Germany)                      ----- The Power to Serve ----=