Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 21:43:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   ls, du, df, and fstab

1. Does the Unix and/or FreeBSD community have any plans to add more flags
to the "ls" command?  I would like to see flags to sort output more easily
based on creation date (ctime), modification date (mtime) and, most
importantly, by filesize.  Someone pointed out that `du -ak | sort -rn |
more` does the same thing but some easy-to-remember ls flags would be cool!

2. Can someone assemble a command line so that du only lists the files and
directories -IN- the current directory?  I tried `du -ak -d 0 | more` but
the dash d depth thing doesn't seem to work right...

3. Why does the df command not include a listing for the "swap" that my
/etc/fstab appoints?

4. Finally, (are you still with me), is there a way I can include mounts
for both my CDRW and DVD drives in my /etc/fstab even if I boot up with OR
without a disc in either drive?

Hugs all around,

--
Peter Leftwich