Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2023 15:45:56 +0100
From:      void <void@f-m.fm>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what's the Correct git update method keeping local changes

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 03:37:16AM -0700, Pat Maddox wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 28, 2023, at 1:39 AM, Warner Losh wrote:
>>
>> I use the rebase workflow for pending ports commit work.
>
>Most of the replies say something similar. What are people’s
>experiences with poudriere overlay dire?

I use two overlays:

[1] for sccache-overlay to speed up those ports requiring rust to build
[2] to maintain the last-known-good php74 for systems that can't be
updated to a supported php version for $REASONS

For systems that require [2], they need ports building in a tree that
doesn't have the MOVED file, so it uses a different 'default' tree which
has 'git rm MOVED' run on it after it updates but before poudriere bulk
runs.