Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2006 14:58:35 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ke han <ke.han@redstarling.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mysql in production on freebsd 6.1 ???

--yKpjvgUFh4AHjl21

On Friday,  3 November 2006 at 19:56:00 +0800, ke han wrote:
> I need feedback from users with mysql 5.0.x (or even 4.1.x) in
> production on SMP systems. X86_64 Opteron is my platform.
> I have heard rumors of it not scaling and it crashes and odd errors
> Have these been worked out in the latest releases of freebsd and mysql?
> Any thoughts on this topic may help me substantially.
> If you cannot provide info publicly, private replies are fine...I
> just need some production level feedback.

I was involved in the investigation of these claims a while back.  We
were never able to establish any connection between the elements
FreeBSD and Opteron.  Some people with these combinations had
problems, but a very large majority reported that everything was OK.

Greg

--yKpjvgUFh4AHjl21

--yKpjvgUFh4AHjl21--