Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:14:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetron03.tetronsoftware.com>
To:        Shannon Wheeler <swheeler@altech.ab.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 50 console lines

I had to enable vesa emulation in my kernel in order to get
the vesa modes to work.  (I was never able to get the kernel
loadable object to work correctly.)

Set the following in your configuration file and then remake
the kernel.
options VM86
options VESA

Then you can use the vidcontrol command.  man vidcontrol
will fill you in on the details.

Gene Harris