Date:      19 Nov 2001 11:40:09 +0100
From:      sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor])
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Major number for Sunlite USB DMX driver?

Hi,

I've written completed a driver for Sunlite's USB DMX512 interface:

http://nicolaudie.com/cgi-bin/bin?site=nicolaudie.com&lang=si

For those who don't know, DMX512 is the standard control protocol for
stage lighting, and it let's people use programs like Lula

http://www-pu.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/lula/index-english.html

for lighting control instead of specialized, customized, expensive and
bulky control consoles.  The name of the driver is currently "udmx" to
allow for the inclusion of other USB DMX devices.

It would be nice to have a device major number allocated for it.  I'm
not sure if this needs to be coordinated with the USB developers
and/or NetBSD, and I'd appreciate if anybody could let me know what
needs to be done.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike