Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:52:14 -0800
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help review the FAQ

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> The FAQ for FreeBSD needs a significant amount of updating and
> changing.  The first step in that process is to figure out what needs
> to be changed.
>
> If you can a take a moment and thoroughly review just one
> question and add your comments and concerns it
> would be immensely helpful.
>
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/ThwackAFAQ
>
> --
> Eitan Adler

The following points may be inspected :

4.4.1. What kind of hard drives does FreeBSD support?

Requires complete rewrite .

4.4.5. Which CD-ROM drives are supported by FreeBSD?
4.4.6. Which CD-RW drives are supported by FreeBSD?

SATA devices ?
DVD RW ?
Blue-Ray RW ?

burncd is not used any more .

6.3. Where can I get CDE for FreeBSD?

CDE become open source ( LGPL ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Desktop_Environment
http://cdesktopenv.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdesktopenv/

9.2. How do I move my system over to my huge new disk?
9.3. Will a "dangerously dedicated" disk endanger my health?
9.6. Why can I not edit the disk label on my ccd(4)?

Requires some rewrite with respect do bsdinstall , because sysinstall is
not used any more in new
distributions .

11.7. What is a virtual console and how do I make more?
11.8. How do I access the virtual consoles from X?

Application with KMS effects ?

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk