Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 1997 06:05:22 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
Cc:        garbanzo@hooked.net, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AWE32/64 support?

>      Note that once the experimental sound drivers Amancio and Luigi are
> heading-up the rework for stabilize and are checked in, PnP init for
> soundcards in general will probably be handled in the sound drivers
> themselves.  For now though it's handled external to the sound drivers with
> the ISA PnP tools.

to be correct, in my code (derived from Sujal's code) PnP init is
external to the sound driver, since it is independent from the device
type. I think this is the way it should be, the sound driver should
only be told where a card is and perform card-specific actions (which
PnP configuration and initialization is not).

	Cheers
	Luigi