Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 16:55:50 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   3/16 bt848 driver

     When I freeze the video in fxtv, I switch over from CAP_CONTINUOUS
direct-video to a CAP_SINGLE-to-driver-mem which, when complete (signal
received), is displayed via XImage.

     Half the time, it works fine.  But the other half, this CAP_SINGLE
only grabs one field instead of two.  If I do this enough, I can see
successive freezes where the odd (or even) field is that left over from 4
or 5 freezes ago.  BTW, I'm not setting the ODD_ONLY or EVEN_ONLY flags in
the oformat, so I think it should always be grabbing two fields.  Also, I'm
yanking the entire image each time from the driver buffer so the stale
field is from the driver.

     Could the driver possibly be not waiting on a cap single for the start
of the next frame to ensure it gets a complete two frames?

     Also, haven't gotten to digging in the driver yet, but was wondering
Amancio if your Wincast audio also stays glued to the Ext1 Input's audio
when switching between Tuner, Ext1, and SVHS.

Randall