Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:03:06 -0500
From:      "yjcx Liu" <yjcx.liu@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD6.1 on Gigabyte Motherboard

Hi,
I am considering to build a PC running FreeBSD 6.1 with AMD CPU, and looking
at GIGABYTE motherboard GA M55SLI-S4 scoket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX. Other
things are OK, but I am not sure if onboard audio and LAN will be supported
by FreeBSD or not. Here is the spec for the audio and LAN:

Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC850
LAN Chipset: Marvell 88E1116

I have checked FreeBSD website for hardware compatiability, but didn't find
anything about this board. Is there anybody happens to have experience
running FreeBSD using this motherboard ? Does audio and lan work?

Thanks for your help.