Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 1995 16:51:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Another NFS server problem

Apparently, nfssrv_mkdir doesn't realize that a nfs_namei with nameiop
of CREATE causes the underlying file system to imply a SAVENAME flag
when the terminal compoenent is reached.  Therefore a failed mkdir
will result in a MALLOC of cn_pnbuf in nfs_namei() that is never freed.

The failure mode is triggered for a mkdir of an existing dir by a client,
leaving the path name buffer allocated on the server.

I'm very glad I'm making these side effect semantics more explicit.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.