Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:55:19 +1000
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/misc/compat4x Makefile distinfo pkg-plist

At 17:05 26/09/2002 +0900, Akinori MUSHA sent this up the stick:
>At Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:25:14 -0700 (PDT),
>I wrote:
> > knu         2002/09/25 12:25:14 PDT
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     misc/compat4x        Makefile distinfo pkg-plist
> >   Log:
> >   Update to the latest library set and unmark FORBIDDEN excpet:
> >
> >   - On 5-CURRENT/alpha: still FORBIDDEN because no updated libc/libc_r
> >     is available yet.
> >
> >   - By default, OpenSSL libraries are not installed because they are
> >     known to be vulnerable. (cf. FreeBSD-SA-02:33.openssl)  They are
> >     installed only when FORCE_VULNERABLE_OPENSSL is defined, although
> >     in that case the port is marked FORBIDDEN.  So, one must specify
> >     -DFORCE_VULNERABLE_OPENSSL -DNO_IGNORE to install this port with
> >     vulnerable OpenSSL libraries.
>
>FreeBSD/alpha folks, feel free to do the following:
>
>- Extract the latest libraries (libc & libc_r at least) from
>   4.6.2-RELEASE or from a more recent snapshot.
>
>- Update src/lib/compat/compat4x.alpha/* with them after doing due
>   tests on 5-CURRENT.
>
>- Wait until a snapshot including the above fixes appears in:
>         ftp://current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/alpha/
>
>- Make ports/misc/compat4x use the snapshot and unmark FORBIDDEN for
>   5-CURRENT/alpha.

Am I correct in assuming this only affects Alphas running 5-CURRENT?

rgds,
Rob

--
The Bionic Dog gets a hormonal short-circuit and violates the Mann Act with
an interstate Greyhound bus.

This is random quote 988 of a collection of 1254
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian