Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:18:45 -0700
From:      D Tougas <dtougas@converging.net>
To:        "Loic Mahe'" <mahe@twam.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Device wst(0)

I have had an HP Colorado 8Gb working for some time with not much
problems (until it died).

You need the following entries in your kernel config file:

options         ATAPI           #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM
device          wst0            #IDE Tape Drive

Re-build your kernel, reboot, then configure the device:

cd /dev
./MAKEDEV wst0

You should now find a new device in /dev called rwst0.

That should be all you need to get you going. Let me know if you have
any problems.

--
Damien Tougas
Converging Technology Solutions, Inc.