Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:16:52 +0200
From:      Thomas Steen Rasmussen <thomas@gibfest.dk>
To:        Jos Chrispijn <ports@webrz.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Postfix vs Dovecot

On 31-07-2012 14:01, Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> Thomas Steen Rasmussen:
>> Neither - you go to /usr/ports/mail/postfix and do make config,
>> uncheck dovecot1 and check dovecot2 option, and rebuild Postfix. Best
>> regards, Thomas Steen Rasmussen ps. To fix this with my preferred
>> tool Portmaster: portmaster --force-config mail/postfix
>
> Thanks for clearifying. With building Postfix do you mean the I have
> to reinstall?

Hello,

Yes, after rebuilding Postfix with the correct options,
it needs to be deinstalled and reinstalled. This will
not touch your configs etc. so it should be a safe operation.

Without Portmaster:
# cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix
# make config
(change options to dovecot2)
# make deinstall
# make install clean

With portmaster:
# portmaster --force-config mail/postfix

Remember to cc the ports@ list so other people can benefit :)

Best regards,

Thomas Steen Rasmussen