Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:44:09 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        satish amara <satishkamara@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stateful firewall implementation in FreeBSD

On 1/26/2012 12:24 PM, satish amara wrote:
> Hi,
> I have question regarding stateful firewall implementation of FreeBSD.
> IPF has  stateful “keep state” option.

Hi,
	Take a look at pf, not ipf. ipf is not really maintained or used much
any more under FreeBSD.  With respect to dealing with congestion, there
are many params you can tune in pf.  Take a look at the man pages for
pf.conf for details as you can control how this situation is dealt with
to some degree.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400