Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 07:39:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@pechter.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BSDcon East

Brad Knowles writes:

> At 5:28 PM -0700 2000/3/27, Brett Glass wrote:
>
> >  If one wanted to do the convention near DC, Baltimore would be a
> >  good choice because there are lots of bargain airfares and a
> >  glut of hotel rooms in the area.

Yup... and the Baltimore Inner Harbor area has quite a nice collection
of tourist attractions... including a slick Aquarium, Science Museum,
Camden Yard, the B&O railroad museuum and a ton of hotels right
in a close area.

> 	Baltimore is quite a bit cheaper than the DC area, but is also
> close enough that you can still consider flying into Dulles or
> Washington National and making the drive, taking the bus, or taking
> the train to make that final connection.
>

> 	Finally, for those people who might be doing some vacation in and
> around the time, it's closer to both DC (if you want to do
> sightseeing) and the Virginia/Maryland/Delaware/New Jersey coast --
> only about three hours away from Long Island New Jersey (where a
> friend of mine owns a beach house ;-).

Long Beach Island... 8-)

> 	If you're serious about a BSDCon on the East Coast, I think that
> the Baltimore/DC area has more going for it than any other I can
> think of, and has fewer drawbacks.

I think this would be an excellent place...  I don't have a good idea
as to how large a place would be needed.  In addition to the large
number of hotels, there is a fairly large conference center there as well...

My last trip down they were holding a tow truck convention with towing
operators from all across the country.  All the free parking areas were
loaded with tow trucks.

Bill