Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:29:29 -0400
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        Eric Brueggmann <eric.brueggmann@amd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD on a U2

Apparently, On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 01:55:20PM -0700,
	Eric Brueggmann said words to the effect of;

> Hello, I'm not sure if this (or current) is the best place to post this..
>
> I downloaded the 5.0-DP1 today and tried to boot it up on an U2, I got the
> following from console.  If I have some time, I'll try it again with just one
> CPU in the box.

This doesn't necessarily look like an smp problem; you can disable smp by
doing 'set smp.enabled=0' at the loader prompt.  The fas scsi controller
in the ultra 2 isn't supported so you won't be able to boot from the
cdrom, you'll have to netboot it and mount root from nfs.  Its possible
that the scsi controller is doing bad things with cause the kernel to go
bonkers.

Jake