Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:27:39 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Steve' <steve@piperscreek.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 3.2 partion question

You don't want to set aside space for FreeBSD using partition magic, you
want to leave the space unused.  I'm willing to bet that wd0s2 (the
partition with the "unknown" type) is the space you "set aside".

I would go back into PM and free up any space you want freebsd to be able to
use.  THEN go through the install and FBSD will grab any free space you tell
it to and make bsd style partitions out of it.

-Chris