Date:      Tue,  9 May 2006 11:05:34 +0800
From:      netsick@iinet.net.au
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd 6.1rc2 lacks i945 agp support

I have a Dell Optiplex 520 using i945 (ICH7) chipset.

I have device agp in my kernel but /dev/agpgart is not being setup. This then
effects the opertion of Xorg 6.9.x by not allowing it to load DRI and thus no
XVideo support.

Could someone please help to sort this out. There have been several emails to
various lists but absolutely no support given what so ever..

Who maintains agp_i810.c ? Could we please get some input on this. Several
others have emailed to various lists also enquiring about this exact problem
only also to be unanswered.

Reference to supporting errors and pciconf output can be found here

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2006-March/117112.html

Please get back to me and I can provide whatever files/output/conf's are
needed to resolve this.

Please help!

Kris