Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 15:45:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SSH Must Die

On Sat, 12 May 2001, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Erik Trulsson wrote:
> > Exactly how is rpping it out of FreeBSD supposed to make ssh work?
>
> I don't necessarily want it to work or not work, I just
> want it to quit being a pain in my backside.
>
> If it can't be made to upgrade correctly, then ripping it
> out also satisfies the criteria necessary to achieve the
> intended goal.

Ok, backing this thread up briefly, two quick questions:

1.  Is ssh working yet?

2.  Do you have multiple copies of ssh/sshd laying around the system in
different places?

I ask because the mergemaster & /etc track this thread has taken seems
offbase; pam.conf would cause authentication errors, not RSA-related
errors, if I recall correctly.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack