Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 04:33:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      robert Backhaus <robbakfreebsd@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about installing ports from CD

> 	Hi all.  I have all 4 of the Freebsd install CD's
> that you can download
> from the website and I was wondering.  Obviously you
> install the OS from
> the first cd.  But can I somehow force the computer
> to install my ports
> from one of the CD's instead of the internet?

The ports collection (patchfiles and makefiles et al)
are on in the cd, but the distubutions are no longer
there. However, most of the software is on the disks
(some on 1, the rest on 3&4) as precompiled packages
to be applied with pkg_add(?) command. (I'd be like a
guru and give you the man page section if I remembered
it).
The exceptions are those that connot be supplied as
packages due to licencing reestrictions. Check before
you go and downoad the didtrubutions (Make fetch, but
check dependencies first!)
Robert Backhaus