Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 08:59:33 -0600
From:      John <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mutt thinks mailbox is read-only?

*** NOT CURRENTLY SUBSCRIBED -- PLEASE INCLUDE MY DIRECT E-MAIL IN REPLIES ***

I have just switched to FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE (Yeah -- I know -- but I've
been putzing on it since August) and I am having a problem with mutt
"out of the box" from packages.  While I can modify my mailbox using
"mail", "mutt" insists that it is read-only.  If I copy it somewhere
else with the same permissions, it can modify it just fine, so I
assume it has something to do with the directory permissions, but they
look just the same as on my old FreeBSD 2.1 system, on which the old
mutt worked just fine.

Here are the respective permissions.

drwxr-xr-x  2 bin  bin  2048 Feb  2 08:47 /var/mail
-rw-------  1 john  lind  5097178 Feb  2 08:47 /var/mail/john

Any CLUES would be appreciated, since I don't currently seem to own one!

Thanks.

*** NOT CURRENTLY SUBSCRIBED -- PLEASE INCLUDE MY DIRECT E-MAIL IN REPLIES ***
--

John Lind
john@starfire.MN.ORG