Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:33:22 -0400
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PLEASE REVIEW: loader fix for gzipped kernels

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 11:27:20AM -0700, John Polstra wrote:
> I would appreciate another pair of eyes on the attached patch before
> I commit it.
>
> I have been working with gzipped kernels a lot lately, and have
> noticed that when the loader tries to load certain kernels, it fails
> with the message "elf_loadexec: cannot seek".  I tracked this down to
> a bug in "src/lib/libstand/lseek.c", which is fixed by this patch.

so that's why the -CURRENT snapshot i was trying to install last night
refused to boot...  exactly that error.  damn that was irritating me.
i thought i was getting a corrupt iso image or something.

--
garrett rooney                     Unix was not designed to stop you from
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net       doing stupid things, because that would