Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 09:11:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Wayne Hernandez <hernanw@FSL.ORST.EDU>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Multisession CD-R

On Sat, 24 Feb 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> FreeBSD-current supports CD-Writers, it does also support them as
> multi-session CDs (as you could have guessed from my note above :).
> The only ``third-party'' software you need is team(1), a multibuffer
> utility.  You need a fairly recent system, which comes with working
> WORM support, along with the utility wormcontrol(8).
>
> The bad point: your Yamaha is not yet supported, only the Plasmon
> RF4100 and HP 4020i.  This is simply a matter that one can only
> support hardware where one has got access to.

Is this support in the stable branch?  I have been waiting for the 4020i
to be supported so I could write directly from FreeBSD, since the
software that comes with the drive does not seem to allow writing of a
pre-mastered image.  I have the cvs tree, but the system did not like
compiling the kernel.

Waynt