Date:               Thu, 28 Dec 1995 13:49:10 +600 CDT
From:      "Larry Dolinar" <LARRYD@bldg1.croute.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:         Re: Recommendations for SCSI card?

|  Date sent:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 13:14:20 -0500 (EST)
|  From:           James FitzGibbon <james@else.net>
|  To:             Larry Dolinar <LARRYD@bldg1.croute.com>
|  Subject:        Re: Recommendations for SCSI card?

|  On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, Larry Dolinar wrote:
|
|  > |  > 53C810-based SCSI controller, and treat yourself to a nice dinner on the
|  > |  > change.  The NCR chips are troopers, and perform just as well.
|  > |
|  > |  I'm trying to find one of these fabled controllers.  I don't see anything
|  > |  by NCR.  Are they hidden in someone else's products?
|
|  ASUS makes them under the name SC-200 (or perhaps 2000) for about $100 CDN.
|

|  j.

Maybe I goofed, but none of the above looks like my prose.  The ASUS
card AKAIK, has *no bios*, so be quite sure the motherboard already has
NCR BIOS as a feature.  Found the same to be true of the DTC PCI SCSI
(model# escapes me).  The ASUS SC-200 also uses jumpers for some
features, unlike the NCR card.

regards,
larry