Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:10:02 +0200
From:      Jos Backus <Jos.Backus@nl.origin-it.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   SUIDDIR problem

[Maybe this is -questions/-stable material, I'm not sure. Please flame
appropriately.]

On a very recent -stable system:

I have a directory, say /ftp/foocust/in. This directory
- resides in a filesystem mounted on /ftp with the suiddir option
  (with SUIDDIR in the kernel).
- is owned by uid root,group ftp
- has mode u=rws,g=rwx,o=

A user foo, group ftp, puts a file there using ftp (I'm running the stock
FreeBSD ftpd). I would expect this file to subsequently become owned by root
instead of foo, but nevertheless the file stays owned by foo.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
--
Jos Backus                          _/ _/_/_/  "Reliability means never
                                   _/ _/   _/   having to say you're sorry."