Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 1995 08:57:57 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su (Andrey A. Chernov Black Mage)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: LOCALE stuff

As Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage wrote:

> In message <199504181947.VAA05525@uriah.heep.sax.de> J Wunsch writes:
>
> >500 Unbekannter Befehl.
> >^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >quit
> >221 iaix5.informatik.htw-dresden.de: Die Verbindung wird beendet.
> >                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Is is error to set locale environment for ftpd.

It's been smtp, btw.  Doesn't matter, it's just AIX... :)
(The fingerd responding in [bad] german is in the same boat, and i guess
there will be way more gotchas of this sort in it.)

> >By now, there are only three locales in /usr/share/locale:
>
> >ja_JP.EUC       lt_LN.ISO8859-1 ru_SU.KOI8-R
>
> >You'll have to set it to ``lt_LN.ISO8859-1'' for germany.
>
> No. Do 'make hierarchy' at top level and you got needed symlinks.

Hmm, so it's strange why they are not here.  I've once started with
the feb95 snap, and have done several make install's since then.
Either it has been gratuitously removed at some time, or it's not
properly reinstalled.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/