Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 1995 18:13:58 +0200 (SAT)
From:      geoff@neptune.ru.ac.za (Geoff Rehmet)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Serial cable between 2 FreeBSD boxes

Hi,

I am trying to run a serial cable (7 wire) between a 1.1.5.1 (patch 22)
box and a 2.1D (950210 SNAP) system.  This is just giving me a bit of
trouble, as I don't seem to have got the flags on my serial ports
right, and nothing is getting through.

What I want to do is get a getty going on the 2.1 machine (a friend's
486 which I am borrowing for a short while), and my 386, which is
still running 1.1.5.1.

Help Please!
(BTW: I'm still not back on most of the mailing lists due to problems
with my UUCP feed, so please reply to me directly.)

Thanks,
Geoff.

BTW: It's great to be back getting going with FreeBSD 2 again!
--
  Geoff Rehmet                                 | ____   _ o         /\
  geoff@neptune.ru.ac.za                       |___  _-\_<,        / /\/\