Date:      10 Jul 2002 07:33:19 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Wayne Pascoe <wayne@penguinpowered.org.uk>] Re: Problems getting wireless card working with PCI adaptor

Sorry if this is a repost, but I didn't see this come through last
night.

"M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org> writes:

> : I have found that IRQ 5 is used by the onboard usb controller, but
> : even if I disable in the bios I still get this message popping up.
>
> Using a PCI expantion card requires you to use PCI routing.
>
> Can you post the complete dmesg?  I need to know how we're setting
> things up and what you've posted so far isn't sufficient.

I'm attaching a dmesg from a fresh install to this email. All I've
done to the install is to add the following lines to /etc/rc.conf and
reboot

pccard_enable="YES"
pccard_ifconfig="inet 192.168.10.20 netmask 255.255.255.0"

This dmesg is with USB disabled in the bios. At boot time, I see no
other devices sharing interrupt 5 on the screen just before the
bootloader. Ideally, I'd like to be able to use the PCMCIA card with
USB but for now I'll just settle for seeing it work :)

If the dmesg does not come through ok, please let me know and I will
put it on my site and just send a link.

Thanks in advance

--
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/