Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 21:43:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      <doug@safeport.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Packages for kde 2.2.2 (summary)

First thanks to all who replied. Two people gave me locations for the
tgz files for kde 2.2.2:

Kent Stewart: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/packages/All/
E. J. Cerejo: ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-stable/All/

These appear to be exactly the same files and of a somewhat later
version that what was left of kde 2.2.2 in what seemed a logical place
to me: /pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-stable/packages-4.5-stable/x11.

It would appear to me that as Kris Kennaway something happened to the
version in the packages-4.5-stable. Whether this is a broken symlink or
build I haven't a clue.

All of this begs yet one more question. I assume all the difference
trees as used to build the release packages and to server those of us
who want to try the "latest" production version. If so some standard
naming (or documentation) would help the unwashed (me) to understand
what we are downloading. By the way the links in
http://www.freebsd.org/ports do not all lead to package file.

I am going to try the make package, seems cool to me if it works.

_____
Douglas Denault
doug@safeport.com
Voice: 301-469-8766