Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:33:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
Cc:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>, Chris Stenton <jacs@gnome.co.uk>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: old version of PAM in 3.0-stable stopping Samba working?

I had only tested swat, personally.

See my earlier message about how I removed PAM options from the
Makefile and config.h to get swat working.

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

: I was able to compile and run samba OK.  However, I can not get swat to work
: under 3.0-* no matter what I try.  I can not log in, it just won't
: authenticate.  I read earlier that if you manually compile samba without PAM
: options, it will work, otherwise it won't.  I use samba 2.0.0 on FreeBSD
: 2.2.8 without any problem (other than swat doesn't work for configuring home
: directories very well).

- Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
  Network Administrator, zigg.com <http://www.zigg.com/>;
  Engineer, Nameless IRC Network <http://www.nameless.net/>;