Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:51:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "tjk@tksoft.com" <tjk@tksoft.com>
To:        oleg@inforser.ru (Oleg Strizhak)
Cc:        FreeBSD-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tried to be cracked

You don't need any service you don't know about.

You can disable all of them, except ftp and telnet, if
you use telnet. You should also not have any daemons
running which you don't use. mountd, nfsd, portmap, etc..

Try
"man hosts.allow" or "man hosts_access"
(not at a FreeBSD box right now, so can't check.)

Anyway, you can use "netstat -n -a" to find out what
ports you have open.

Troy