Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:35:22 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        "Geoffrey C. Speicher" <geoff@speicher.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading sequence to 4.x from 3.3-R

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Geoffrey C. Speicher wrote:

GCS> > BM> Wow ... that's a bit of a leap.  I expect you're going to have
GCS> > BM> problems going that far easily.
GCS> >
GCS> > It's not me ;-)
GCS> >
GCS> > It's a home router of one of my Friends which I helped to set up approx 2 and a
GCS> > half years ago ;-)))
GCS>
GCS> If it's just a home router then it should be easier to backup the
GCS> pertinent data and start over with a clean install, no?

Well, possibly. ;-) However, I got an impression I can do buildworld
remotely before visiting him ;-)

On the other side, I can do remote backup. Well, go deciding.

As for original question -- I do address it mainly to cross-release/upgrade
gurus such as Ruslan...

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]