Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:21:03 +0200
From:      "Thomas Runge" <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Speed of hauppauge multichannel display ?

just matt wrote:

> RCA ProScan televisions.  I do have to give the windows software a bit of
> credit though, it changes channels incredibly fast when not implementing
> the "multiple channels at once(kindof)" feature.  So don't feel bad,
> you're not missing anything software wise.

At least, the radio can scan much faster and more accurate and it can
tell you, whether the actual station has a stereo signal or not.
I had a look into the data sheets and there is a flag for fast and slow
scanning/tuning, but whatever I tried in our driver, the result was
the same.
And the stereo indicator. I guess, it's possible to do that with some
mystical msp_read()? :-)

--
Tom