Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:48:14 -0600
From:      Ken Gunderson <kgunders@teamcool.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.3, amd64, k8s pro locked up just now

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:35:47 -0700 (PDT)
Tom Shafron <phred1975@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My 5.3 amd64 just locked up.  Seems to be a similar
> problem to what Vivek has been describing.  The config
> is:
>
> Tyan k8s pro (SATA version)
> 5.3 Release
> 2 x 246 opteron
> onboard bge Gb ethernet
> 4 x 512 MB (2GB)
> 2 x 250 GB SATA (Western Digitial wd2500sd)
>
> I have it configured as a Raid 1 mirror using GEOM
> mirror.

Just out of curiosity, what memory are you using here?

Also, I don't recall specifics, but I think there were a couple issues
with gmirror on 5.3-release.  As others have pointed out 5.4RC would be
good choice, but if it is too "scary", might try cvsup'ing to 5.3-
stable.

-- Best regards,

Ken Gunderson
GPG Key-- 9F5179FD

"Freedom begins between the ears."	-- Edward Abbey