Date:      Sun, 02 Aug 1998 13:31:13 +0200
From:      Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
To:        patrick <patrick@barmentlo.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, seggers@semyam.dinoco.de
Subject:   Re: how much space needed for buildworld

> how much space is needed for a makebuild, (full, all sources) ( /usr/obj )  ?

I just know the numbers for -current but -stable shouldn't be far off.
It depends a bit on optimization (-O or -O2 for binaries) and debug
settings (-g or not -g) in /etc/make.conf so I think this should be
good enough.

My /usr/obj is about 160 MByte in size now.  The log I made while
doing buildworld is about 5.5 MByte.

For the complete source I remember about 150 MByte.  I didn't measure
it. Takes a while with du.  ;-)

So I'd say 350 MByte should be what you need in free space for source
and as space during the build.

> And how much is for games then? (so i can let them out..if needed..)

The games use about 5 MByte in /usr/obj.  Their source is about 7.5
MByte.  Not a huge saving.

Stefan.
--
Stefan Eggers                 Lu4 yao2 zhi1 ma3 li4,
Max-Slevogt-Str. 1            ri4 jiu3 jian4 ren2 xin1.