Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 13:13:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        info@pagecreators.com (Rod Ebrahimi)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and NT

Rod Ebrahimi wrote:

> 	I am currently involved in a new Internet Presence Provider establishment
> and would really like to use FreeBSD on our systems. One of the reasons we
> are skeptical and would rather use NT is mainly setup time and expertise,
> most of us working on this project do not know much about Unix (only basic
> knowledge) but in turn know NT in and out. One of my questions is are you
> familiar with any people and/or firms that have experts that will help us
> through our setup in the Southern California area? Also, if we were to run

	sigh...shame i am in washington d.c.

> FreeBSD as a e-mail server could we easily add/delete users also specifying
> their @domain, example: mike@here.com and mike@there.com and
> John@overthere.com all on this same box?

	very easy....sendmail does with a "virtualusertable".
	here is a little note from the the README file:
	/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/README

virtusertable   A domain-specific form of aliasing, allowing multiple
                virtual domains to be hosted on one machine.  For example,
                if the virtuser table contained:

                        info@foo.com    foo-info
                        info@bar.com    bar-info
                        @baz.org        jane@elsewhere.net

                then mail addressed to info@foo.com will be sent to the
                address foo-info, mail addressed to info@bar.com will be
                delivered to bar-info, and mail addressed to anyone at
                baz.org will be sent to jane@elsewhere.net.  The username
                from the original address is passed as %1 allowing:

                        @foo.org        %1@elsewhere.com

                meaning someone@foo.org will be sent to someone@elsewhere.com.

                All the host names on the left hand side (foo.com, bar.com,
                and baz.org) must be in $=w.  The default map definition is:

                        hash -o /etc/virtusertable

                A new definition can be specified as the second argument of
                the FEATURE macro, such as

                        FEATURE(virtusertable, dbm -o /etc/mail/virtusers)

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler      FreeBSD Core Team, Postmaster       jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--4.4BSD Unix for PC clones, source included. http://www.freebsd.org/