Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:11:45 -0500
From:      Will McCutchen <mccutchen@gmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disable anti-aliasing in gnome-terminal

Hi all-

Does anyone know how to disable anti-aliasing of fonts in
gnome-terminal without disabling anti-aliasing across the entire gnome
desktop?

I like my fonts anti-aliased, down to a certain size, so I have gnome
set to anti-alias fonts and then override that setting with a
/usr/X11R6/etc/fonts/local.conf that turns off antialiasing on fonts
below 14 points.

The problem is that gnome-terminal ignores the local.conf
instructions, and anti-aliases its fonts anyway, which makes for a
pokey gnome-terminal.

Do any of you know a way around this?

Thanks for your help.

-Will