Date:      Fri, 07 Aug 2020 20:04:03 -0700
From:      Chris <portmaster@BSDforge.com>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ln -s python3 python2 && ln -s python37 python27?

I'm currently performing a big buildup for a large deployment=2E
I built world && kernel in the build jail, and performed the
install into another jail for the port/package buildup that
will in turn be used for the deployment STABLE-12@363918 &&
PORTS@544342, respectively=2E
Problem _appears_ to be with Python as maintained in the ports
tree=2E make=2Econf(5) defines only:
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=3Dpython=3D3=2E7 python3=3D3=2E7
performing a make config-recursive in xorg-server/ until dialogs
no longer appear=2E Followed by a make package-recursive install clean
goes as anticipated, building python-3=2E7 && py-37 additions, llvm,
=2E=2E=2E
But towards the end I'm greeted by a large python2=2E7 session with
all the expected warnings about EOL and installing to the same
place=2E
Can I simply avoid all this BS by deleting python2=2E7 and family,
and simply link all references to python3=2E7=2E This is quite maddening=2E
There must be a way out=2E No?

Thank you in advance for any, and all clues to salvation! :-)

--Chris