Date:      Tue, 9 Aug 2011 10:52:26 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Andrew Duane <aduane@juniper.net>
Cc:        "mips@freebsd.org" <mips@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Octeon test machines?

On Aug 9, 2011, at 10:08 AM, Andrew Duane wrote:
> As we work on some Octeon kernel changes, I'd like to be able to test =
existing FreeBSD platforms for regressions. What is anyone using for =
Octeon testing? QEmu? Cavium evaluation boards (3800/5800)?

I use Cavium Evaluation boards.  The 3800 hasn't worked for me in a =
while, but I think that's because I have a really old and "special" =
uboot on that board.  The kernels won't even load.

I used a 5200 eval board for a while, but I no longer have it.

I now use a 5400 eval board, but the network is a bit funky on it for =
reasons I've not had the time to dive into.

I don't think it is possible to use QEMU to do much testing with =
FreeBSD, but I'll be happy if someone tells/shows me otherwise :)

Warner