Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2000 12:13:39 +0200
From:      "R.I.Pienaar" <rip@pinetec.co.za>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
Cc:        Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>, Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux user meta port

> $ECHO "Please read the file${PREFIX}/share/doc/former-linux-user.txt"
> $ECHO "to see what has been installed and how to best replicate your"
> $ECHO "previous Linux environment."

this sounds good, I am also thinking of giving the user options of what irc
client and mail client to install, something liek:

make install MAIL=mutt IRC=epic

so this will install all the stuff I mentioned, but epic as a irc client and
mutt as a mail client.

question is do I accept defaults for those, or give the user some help when he
doesnt specify options?

--
R.I. Pienaar  rip@pinetec.co.za