Date:      Tue, 21 Jun 2011 21:13:03 -1000
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of support for Intel 3000 (Sandybridge) (and VESA help)

I just received my new laptop which has a Sandybridge CPU with the
built-in Intel 3000 graphics.

Does any one know what the state of support for this might be? ATM,
the Intel driver simply does not recognize it.

I am running VESA for now, but it seems no no understand 16:9
displays, so everything is stretched and the max resolution is
1024x768 on my 1600x900 display. Is there any config change that might
fix this up?

This laptop is proving challenging. (It's a Lenovo T520.)

Thanks for any pointers.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer - Retired
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com