Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:27:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Christopher Sedore <cmsedore@mailbox.syr.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   aio and fd patches

I'm interested in finding someone to help me get the aio patches I've
written committed into -current.  These fixes make the aio routines much
more useful for io on sockets than they are now (each io op on a socket
blocks an aiod).  This is a bit of a work in progress, but I've been
running these patches here for over a month with good performance and
no new detriment to stability.  There should be no stability impact on
code which doesn't utilize aio routines.

I'm also interested in whether anyone is working to get the patches from
Ville-Pertti Keinonen for file descriptor referencing committed.  These
are important for aio and other more critical subsystems.

You can see my report of issues in kern/12053.  I somehow managed to
include a mangled and outdated version of the patch with that report, so
that patch shouldn't be integrated.  An updated patch is available at
http://tfeed.maxwell.syr.edu/aio-diff

-Chris