Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:17:52 +0300
From:      Veaceslav Revutchi <sl@zeus.dnt.md>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux-flashplugin and netscape6 problem

hi

I am having problems getting my linux-netscape-6.01 to recognize
the linux-flashplugin-5.0r47 installed from ports. I also followed
the steps described in the README but about:plugins will only show the
default plugin: libnullplugin.so

Here is what I have in my /usr/local/lib/linux-netscape6/plugins/
directory:

-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  root    2363 Jun 11 11:54 ShockwaveFlash.class
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  root  947992 Jun 11 11:54 libflashplayer.so
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  root   13720 Feb  2 21:56 libnullplugin.so

After restarting netscape it will just ignore the newly installed
lib. I tryed to download the tarball from the macromedia and installed
it into the same dir. but the result is the same.
I am running 4.3R.

Am I missing something here? any help is appreciated.
thanks,
slava