Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:29:33 +0000
From:      "Steve Davies"<Steve.Davies@uk.dmg.deuba.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation problems on v2.2.5

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help with an installation problem I am having with
the above version.
I am trying to install on a Pentium II 300, with an IBM disk drive, Diamond
Stealth Graphics card,
ensoniq sound card.

The system boots up off the CD and after the first screen with the option
to change the kernel and then to continue boot, the
system appears to discover the hardware but I am then left with a blank
screen with just a flashing, large block cursor
in the bottom left corner. Anyone see the same/know why ?

The same happens when trying the install from dos, or with a floppy.

Cheers
Steve

stephen_davies@postmaster.co.uk