Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 2021 19:56:35 +0200
From:      Dries Michiels <driesm.michiels@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11 <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to attach a GUI application to the current running session correctly

Hi X11 mailing list,

I'm writing here as I'm unsure how to proceed to achieve my goal.
I would like to bind one of my function keys to open the "systemsettings5"
app of the KDE desktop environment.

To do this, I'm trying to map a devd event to do just that (see the attached
script).
At the moment I'm using the command bellow.

case notify in
<snip>
0x1d) # Settings
                 su dries -c 'env XAUTHORITY=/home/dries/.Xauthority
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/local/bin/systemsettings5'
                 ;;

The systemsettings5 program opens fine but it doesn't open in the correct font
and color as the running session of my user. Does anybody have any pointers on
how I could achieve this?

Regards,
Dries

PS: I attached my acp_ibm script