Date:      Tue, 08 Jul 1997 11:12:02 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        GYegoroff <pramp@gy.sibtel.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Virtual domain

GYegoroff wrote:

> Hi , my post host location is sibtel.ru , it's named gy.sibtel.ru .
> How and what I can configure , that all recipients of my mail host may
> addresing not name@gy.sibtel.ru for example , but name@sibtel.ru .
> FreeBSD 2.2.1 version .

You need to establish an MX for sibtel.ru that will point to
gy.sibtel.ru in your DNS server, and then configure sendmail to accept
email destined at this address, either by adding the line sibtel.ru to
the /etc/sendmail.cw file (if you have one), or by adding it directly to
the w class in sendmail.cf.

This sums up to something like:

@	IN	MX	10 gy.sibtel.ru.

in the DNS file for the sibtel.ru domain, and

either:
sibtel.ru

in /etc/sendmail.cw (with Fw /etc/sendmail.c in sendmail.cf) or:

Cwgy.sibtel.ru sibtel.ru

in /etc/sendmail.cf

Don't forget to kill -HUP your named server and to restart sendmail.

Nadav