Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:09:21 -0500
From:      John <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        Steve.Kreha@nstarch.com, Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question regarding adaptec 1520 SCSI card

Hi steve,

> I hope this is the correct place for a question of this nature. If not
>please let me know where I should direct the email.
>  I hope you can help. I am upgrading from FreeBSD 2.2 to 3.2.2. The 2.2
>release had a driver (AIC0) and support for an adaptec 152x (AHA1520) SCSI
>card. It appears that 3.2.2 does not have this same driver (my system
>doesn't find the CDROM). Do you know if this is true and if so are there
>any plans to have

How do you have the controller defined within your kernel?  I took a look
at my LINT file (for 3.3), and it shows:

# aic: Adaptec 152x
controller      aic0    at isa? port ? cam irq ?

I believe this might be slightly different for 3.2, so you might want to
look at your own LINT file (/sys/i386/conf/LINT).  Also, is your CDROM the
only device on that SCSI card? Or is are there other devices as well?  And
if there are, are they working correctly?

--John